Thursday, May 5, 2011

OO2. A Day of Eavesdropping

So, I overheard some interesting conversations today...

Here I am sitting at my typical computer in the corner of the walk-in center, and low and behold, a teacher (who I will refer to as the lumberjack) walks in and strikes up a conversation with the walk-in center's secretary about how much he hates the senior class, and she agreed. They continued to have a conversation about how "every single member of the senior class of 2011 is fucked up" and that they hate us all. Might I add, that I was like 10 feet away, and it's not like they were talking quietly either. I was so outraged! I mean, sure I really don't like some of my classmates, but they were being wicked general about it. Surely you can't hate 208 people from one grade that much. So I thought that was really rude.

THEN, after the lumberjack leaves, one of the guidance counselors (who I will refer to as genie pant woman) walks up to the secretary and they start having a conversation about how much they hate the deans (power-walking woman and iron thumb woman) and why it was a horrible mistake hiring them...and might I add that the dean's office was a whopping 7 feet away from where they were standing. They kept complaining about how it was a bad place for her office to be because the guidance counselors lost their conference room (god forbid) and because she's not "one of them". So I thought that was a little bit odd too.

THEN, the school nurse walks in and starts talking to the secretary about her dramas with her ex-husband and how she emailed him five minutes ago to tell him that, and kept wondering if she had done the right thing or not and what he would say and how he would reply if at all. Anyway, that went on for a good 10 minutes. But here's my question: what happened if someone needed the nurse and she was gone from her office for that long and they were really sick or hurt. Lacking on those duties there.

THEN, another guidance counselor (I'll call her muppet woman) goes to talk to the secretary and they sit there and bitch about the third guidance counselor (sock puppet woman).

Oh, and then in the meantime, whenever one of the people bitched about (iron thumb woman, power-walking woman, sock puppet woman, and the entire senior class) came into the walk-in center, the secretary and whoever else was always so nice and kind...and obviously fake.

So my question is: Do people at Medway High School ever do their jobs/not complain?? I'm not sure yet, but it really frustrates me, and provides just another reason to be excited to leave. Is any Medway employee genuine??

Countdown:
Days left of high school: 10
Days until graduation: 31
Days until Siena move-in: 118

No comments:

Post a Comment